Last Updated: September, 2020
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) is provided by PharmaEssentia USA, (“Us,” “We,” “Our”) to explain what personal information we collect about you (“You,” “User”), how we collect it, for what purposes, and to whom we may disclose the information. Additionally, this Notice informs you about how you may limit uses of your personal information and exercise your rights, where applicable, relating to personal information that we collect, maintain and disclose about you.
This Notice applies to PharmaEssentia USA websites, social media pages (collectively, “Sites”) and surveys, patient and healthcare professional support activities, and other activities (collectively, “Services”) that reference or display this Notice.
PharmaEssentia USA respects your privacy and we encourage you to read this entire Notice carefully before using or submitting information to us through our Sites or Services. Your continued access and use of PharmaEssentia USA Sites and Services means you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of this Notice. If you have any questions regarding PharmaEssentia USA’s privacy practices or wish to exercise your rights relating to personal information PharmaEssentia USA has collected or maintains about you, please contact us as described in the “CONTACT US” section, below.
Personal Information We Collect & Use
PharmaEssentia USA collects various categories of personal information about you, including information you provide directly through our Sites, through your participation in our programs, or to receive our Services.
This information may include, for example:
- Contact Information. We collect this information to communicate with you, and may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, age, and other information you provide through our Site or Services. It is your choice as to whether to provide your personal information.
- Professional Information. This information helps us manage our relationships with individuals with whom we interact, and may include job title, educational information, professional qualifications, work experience, professional networks, programs and activities.
- Interests & Preferences. This information helps us understand your interest in our products and Services so that we can best serve you. This information may include contact and product preferences, languages, marketing preferences and demographic data. In some cases, we may be required to collect this information based on your consent. In other cases, where allowed under applicable law, we collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
- Health, Biometric & Genetic Information. This information may relate to identifiable individuals, or non-identifiable individuals and is only collected as permitted and in compliance with applicable laws for permissible purposes such as providing employee benefits, in the course of providing products and Services, and for regulatory reporting, where required.
- Transaction History & Account Information. This information helps us fulfil Services you have requested and to understand your interests and preferences. This includes information about how you interact with us and use our Sites and Services, correspondence history, and customer account information. When we have provided a Service to you, we use this information in order to perform the Service or fulfill an agreement with you. In other cases, where allowed under applicable law, we collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
- Digital & Security Information. We use this information to secure our websites, network systems, and other assets. This may include information concerning your IP Address, geographic location, resources you have accessed, and similar information. We collect this information automatically, for our legitimate business interests.
- Further Information We May Collect. Where permitted by law, we may also combine personal information collected through our Sites and Services with PharmaEssentia USA’s offline records and information obtained from public or third-party sources. We use this consolidated information to improve our Sites and Services, enhance our marketing activities, better design our offerings, and facilitate other business functions.
Where we are required by law to ask for your consent before collecting personal information, we will present you with a choice as to whether you wish to allow the collection and use of this type of information.
Retention of Personal Information
PharmaEssentia will retain personal information we collect about you for the amount of time necessary to fulfill the purposes as described in this Notice, and as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
Cookies & Analytic Services
Cookies. Our Sites may use a tracking technology called a “cookie.” A cookie is a small data file that a website can place on your computer’s hard drive, where your internet browser files are kept. Cookies help us to make your experience and interactions with our Sites more efficient and easier for you by remembering things like your language, display and other setting preferences. Cookies may be placed on your computer both by us and by third parties with whom we have a relationship, such as web analytic services and advertising network services. These cookies can help us to share content from our social media sites, gain helpful insights about how our Sites are used and how we can improve your experiences and interactions with our Sites.
Your browser settings can be changed to manage and reject cookies, based on your preferences. However, if you choose to modify settings limiting or rejecting cookies, you may not be able to interact with our Sites to the same extent, and the Site’s functionality may be lost or diminished. For more information about cookies and how to manage, block and delete them, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
How We Share Personal Information
PharmaEssentia USA does not sell or rent your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to certain third parties for various business purposes, including, without limitation, third parties who provide us with services such as monitoring and maintaining our Sites and Services, fulfillment and customer service-related services, marketing, communication, and other services. We require these third-party service providers to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice, and to implement appropriate security measures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal information we share with them.
We may also share your personal information with PharmaEssentia USA affiliates within our group of companies, in compliance with applicable laws, and to comply with regulatory requirements and financial transparency laws. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in special cases, including when necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against a party who may be causing injury to or interfering with our rights, property or safety or those of any other person, and as required under applicable law.
In the event of a business transaction, such as an acquisition, merger, sale, divestment or other change in control of PharmaEssentia USA, information we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. The acquiring entity will be required to use the personal information that is transferred only in a manner that is consistent with this Notice.
Online Protection of Children
Our Sites are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13-years old. However, if the parent or the guardian of a child under 13 years old believes that the child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact us at email@example.com to request the information’s deletion. Anyone under 13 years old should seek their parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using our Site or disclosing any personal information to PharmaEssentia USA.
Security of Personal Information
PharmaEssentia USA takes commercially reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. While we use technical, physical and administrative controls to safeguard personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the Internet, transmissions or email sent using this Site or other online resources.
Your Rights Related to Your Personal Information
PharmaEssentia USA respects your choices about the collection and use of your personal information, and, where required under applicable law, we respect your rights to request information regarding personal information about you that collect, maintain, use, and disclose. We will, in good faith, take reasonable steps to respond and comply with your requests to exercise your applicable rights. When we are unable or prohibited to honor your request, we will inform you of our decision within the required timeframe.
To evaluate a request by you to access or delete your information, we may ask you to provide additional information to confirm your identity. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, but we may not be able to provide you with Services or programs that you have requested if we are not able to use your information. To submit requests please contact us as described in the “CONTACT US” section, below.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
PharmaEssentia USA reserves the right to amend this Notice at our discretion. When changes are made, we will post the updated Notice and the date of its revision. Revisions to this Notice will not be applied retroactively.
If you have any questions regarding PharmaEssentia USA’s privacy practices or wish to exercise your rights relating to your personal information, please contact us at:
35 Corporate Drive, Suite 325
Burlington, MA 01803, USA
Contact us online